// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Teach Design Thinking to Kids

As God would have it, my wife and I are currently sans-children. Should we ever realize such a blessing, I just might refer back to this resource.

It's written by Dr. Charles Burnette, and edited by Yi Ji Hyun, and is provided free to anyone interested in teaching children and young adults the creative and critical thinking skills they need to cope with any subject or situation.

Admittedly, I have absolutely no idea if Chuck is a wacko or not, but judging by the website, it appears this site is legit.

( via swissmiss )

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first look at a Blog. I'll save this and check in once in awhile.

7:54 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Sounds great. Most of the items will be of a design nature, but you never know, so check in occasionaly.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for this resource. it looks great!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wonderful. I've bookedmarked it too to revisit when/if I have kids. It does look really good. Is this a similar model to what you use in your creative process (intend/define/explore/suggest/innovation/evaluation/synthesis)? I do wonder about the suggesting step for young children--it seems like letting them be creative in their own way without having to suggest or propose first might be better.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts