// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Are You Beautiful?


The world sets an unrealistic standard on beauty. As a result, and to varying degrees, many women deal with low self esteem. Dove wishes to shed a more inclusive light on the definition of beauty, and has done so via the Dove Self Esteem Fund. Check out this video and see for yourself how the world’s perception of beauty is shaped in just one of many ways. Also, check out the Dove Global Study: the truth about beauty.

In my humble opinion, true beauty is better compared to a higher measure. A bar set by our Father in Heaven. In Psalms 139:14, we’re told we’re loved, and Fearfully and Wonderfully Made. I hope you feel this in your heart no matter what your weight, shape or complexion.


( via 30gms )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW--Thanks for these links! I knew a lot of effort was involved in "shaping" our notion of beauty, but I had no idea the length of the lie! Also, I really appreciate your point (Psalms) at the end of the post -- a great reminder!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts