// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The genius of Ken Garland & Associates


From the website:
The choice of the trading name 'Ken Garland and Associates: Designers' was in order to signify that the outfit didn't consist merely of one designer plus odd helpers who knocked off paste-ups, took phone messages or ran errands. Those who worked with me between 1962 and 2002 have always been designers designing - no secretaries, no typists, no donkey- workers. There were never more than three of them at any one time. I intend no criticism of larger, probably more illustrious design groups when I say that, for me, an increase in size would have meant fruitless to-ing and fro-ing, more unexplained and unacceptable overheads, and less fun.

Read their Design Manifesto from 1964—slightly ahead of it’s time, right?!
( via AceJet 170 )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts