// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Friday, October 20, 2006

Illustrator Sam Weber


There’s something distinctive about this illustrator’s work that I can’t quite put my finger on. Is it the color palette? The technique? I’m not sure, but I see a lot of illustrators work, and this caught my attention. See what you think.

About Sam: Born in Alaska, Sam grew up in Deep River Ontario, Canada. After attending the Alberta College of Art and Design in Calgary, he moved to New York to pursue illustration and attend graduate school at The School of Visual Arts. In addition to drawing, Sam works part time as assistant art director of the OpEd page at the New York Times.
( via computerlove )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe what's nice to see in his work is the ability TO DRAW! It reminds me in feel of a lot of the great illustrators of the 1960s, though it is not retro at all. Good find.

12:07 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

There’s something unique about how he blends and transitions from one color to another that I like so much. Never get tired of this guys work.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts