// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Web 2.0: Giving–vs–Taking

I’m amazed by how large a percentage of friends, family, and colleagues are utterly confused by my blog. I get emails, voicemails, blank stares, and am asked “what am I supposed to do at your blog?” And since all you can really do at any website is click stuff, that’s the advice I give. Everyone wants to know how I have time for adding stuff. They want to know how can I afford it. They ask what I get out of it. And ironically they are all too busy to read it.

So on the rare occasion someone does take an interest in blogging, I offer the
Web 2.0 “Give-vs-Take” model as an analogy.

...for the first time in history, the world’s most powerful form of media is about giving, not taking. The implications are vast.
( via gapingvoid )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused. You want me to click things? I thought this was about looking at all the pretty pictures. Well, now my morning's shot, as I have a lot of reading to do.

Very well done blog Barry. Keep it up. I would suggest adding a Barry speaks section where you pontificate once a week or so - your wisdom inspires.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts