// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving













“O God, when I have food, help me to remember the hungry; When I have work, help me to remember the jobless; When I have a home, help me to remember those who have no home at all; When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer, And remembering, help me to destroy my complacency; bestir my compassion, and be concerned enough to help; By word and deed, those who cry out for what we take for granted. Amen.”
— Samuel F. Pugh

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barry,

So glad the two of you were able to come to Michigan and share Thanksgiving Day with the rest of us. Staying connected is wonderful. I also appreciate the Thanksgiving prayer you posted.

God's blessings and peace.

Love you, Dad

8:39 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Two great minds think alike. What are the odds the Thanksgiving prayer you made would be the same prayer I posted on this blog. Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, and for me, that is a blessing. You're the best dad I could ever imagine. Thanks too for the ICR recap. It was fun to catch up on biz transaction that's near and dear to your heart. But don't forget. Retirement gives you license to no longer stress over work.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post -- great reminder! I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought I'd add my two cents here...I am profoundly thankful to have had you all at my house on Thanksgiving, sharing wonderful food and even more wonderful company. Isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about, giving thanks to God and to one another for our blessings?

Love you, 'bro.
-Stacy

9:00 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks Stacy. Your food was PERFECT and it was great seeing you all, an Garrett's dad too. Overall a great time for which I AM greatful. Thanks for stopping by the blog too! I love you.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetheart!

I finally visited your blog. I'm proud of you for doing everything with such energy and detail. You are a wonderful husband and friend.

Hugs,

Janel

6:11 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks. I appreciate you checking it out!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barry, when you started this blog, did you expect that your family would use it as a means of staying connected? Not a bad side-effect, eh?

Love you bro,
Stacy

12:41 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Glad you stopped by. Probably not my intentioin though still okay. However everyone else who reads this blog (all 4 of them) may be uniterested, as this is public, not private, so I would prefer anything other than comments on the post to be via email. Either way it's nice to hear from you.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts