// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pagebull: Visual Search Engine


Like Google and Yahoo, Pagebull is another internet search engine. But what makes Pagebull special are the results, which are presented visually in the form of web screenshots. Using Pagebull, you can see your results visually before visiting each resulting link, which is a time saver. Visual search results may in fact open up doors creatively based on the ability to explore more than if you just got text results. Though similar to an RSS syndicator in that sense, Pagebull is accessible on any computer with a web browser. I use (and love) a paid program called NewsFire to do almost the same thing, but it's a third party application which is only accessible on my machine in one location. There's something cool about being able to preview your search results on the fly and before commiting to a click. I wish the crew at Pagebull well.

NOTICE TO PAGEBULL STAFF: If you eventually sell for $1.4 billion to Google, please remember I blogged you when you were a nobody, so throw me a bone!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very very very cool search engine. It needs a bit of work, but the concept is very cool and its just gone onto my favorites list.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts