// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Friday, December 22, 2006

Dust off the Statues...I Just Won!

Excellent! I just hit Ben's Noisy Decent Graphics blog and discovered he listed me as winner of his Noisy Decent Graphics Christmas Giveaway! Ben was feeling all web 2.0, and he decided to gift a Pro Flickr account to whoever could tell him what the first photograph on Flickr would be if that person won. I promised Ben I would drag my 500+ Statue of Liberties out of cold storage and take some choice snaps. And voila – after some highly scientific judging, he awarded me the Flickr Pro account. Sweet!

So this is gonna sound like a kiss up, but I love his blog. He intentionally only posts articles on having to do with design, and like myself, he updates frequently. Its a great blog, and I recommend it highly. Ben does some rather serious work as a founding partner of Design Conspiracy as well— a leading design consultancy specializing in communication design, branding and digital marketing.

Thanks Ben! I'm honored. I will not disappoint.

4 Comments:

Blogger Oakie Chiraskamin said...

Congrats Barry. Good luck for your 500 statue photos.

I would love to see them when u finish.
Merry Christmas!

10:15 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Time out. I thought Ben said what was the first photo going to be, not what was the first 500 photos going to be? Though all said, I bet I shoot 500 when all's said and done. Winning Noisy Decent Graphics contest does have me a bit jacked up. Or perhaps that the DietCoke and christmas cookies talking. Thanks for stopping by Oakie.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool -- congratulations Barry!

8:25 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks Liz. Looking forward to getting out the Statues after the first of the year.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts