// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Moby: Christ Compels Us













I wish I did, but I don't know Moby personally. I only know him through his musical gifts. I came across a post on his blog you might enjoy reading. I believe the article strives to honor God, and sheds light on Moby's heart. Moby has developed a big stage to showcase his work and he by no means is obliged to share Christ's glory publicly; yet he is not afraid to. I love that about Moby.

  • Christ compels us to be better than we usually are.
  • Christ compels us to forgive those who've wronged us.
  • Christ compels us to love our enemies.
  • Christ compels us to be humble and non-judgemental.
  • Christ compels us to care for the neediest.
  • Christ compels us to be non-violent.
  • Christ compels us to recognize that the material world and all of our possessions will ultimately turn into dust, so we shouldn't get too attached to our bodies, our lives, and our stuff.
( via Moby )

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the interesting post, B. It's interesting to read Moby's thoughts on Christianity and his beliefs about how he lives out Christ's commands. Statements like the following do make me wonder if he's committed himself to God or just likes His ideas:

"what i believe is what i believe. it's subjective and it makes sense to me and it changes as i change and as my experience in the world changes."

However, I find his next thought compelling:

"constancy is not, in my opinion, defined through rigidity, but rather through love and adherence even through changing circumstances."

Does this mean Christ isn't constant? No. It just means Christ is here with us through it all just as we should be with each other through it all.

Thanks, again, for the post, B. Intriguing to read....

9:32 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

No doubt Travis. I am most intreged by his willingness to create the conversation. Some of his political and F word shock is too much for me personally, and does make me question his stance, but as I mentioned in the post, he is on a big stage. No matter how you see him, he is definitely keeping the conversation going. Realted...sort of...he is mega talented. I've been jamming Lift Me Up all night. Oh yeah, he's a mac guy....like you now!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts