// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Web 2.0 Landscape: Why It Matters

There's nothing I could think of to better explain how the entire landscape is changing than if you just watched this video for yourself. It was produced by Michael Wesch–assistant Cultural Anthropology Prof at Kansas State University. This change, often called Web 2.0 is continuing to happen, but understand that it already has happened. This video clearly explains Web 2.0 in whole.


( via Lawrence Lessig )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a girl, so I guess it's okay to admit that this nearly brought me to tears...but, not because I'm a girl. I am amazed that the archaeologist in me (yup, I did that for awhile), the tech writer in me (did that, too), and the geek in me (I was an engineer at HP, as well) didn't even notice this culturual, intellectual, political, and technical phenomenon happening -- I've lost my sight due to my "user filter." WOW!

As for the art of the video -- TIGHT and SMART!

Thanks for sharing this one Barry!

9:08 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Though as you've suggested many are embarrassed to say it, I have heard from so many regarding this video that it moves them. So many people HAVE NO IDEA the changes going on around them, and this definitely drives home what that looks like. As always, I appreciate you stopping by. Gets lonely around BarryBlog at times. Blogging's a weird in it's solitude.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts