// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Design Firm: Ding3000

Ding3000 is a great design team, with an emphasis on product design. I have a ton of Billy Bookcases from IKEA, and they've designed a couple shelf accessories especially for the Billy line that are real fun. Peruse through their site and you'll find furniture, lighting, accessories and the like. Their work is really excellent.

( Thanks to my friend Nathan Stock for the heads up)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

We have a lot of Billy bookcases in our house, too. I really like them. So, thanks for posting about Ding3000's site. I think the twisted/branch-y shelf is great. I personally think the stand to make your bookcase lopsided is hideous, but quite amusing =) I think that about a lot of IKEA stuff, but mostly attribute it to not having a Scandinavian aesthetic.

9:21 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

I agree with you on all fronts. And since I posted this, a friend told be that tree looking insert costs more than the Billy shelves, which I guess shouldn't have come as a surprise considering how low IKEA prices tend to be. Actaully, what I like about IKEA is the high design at low cost. The democratization of design so to speak. Much of Ding's work is smart. Thanks for your comment!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts