// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Legendary Neville Brody

During some down time, I stumbled across a presentation Neville Brody gave on March 15th at the Escola Superior de Artes e Design, which translates from Portuguese as the Superior School of Arts and Design— Matosinhos, Portugal. The interview is very long, but if you take your design career seriously you'll watch the whole thing because Neville is one of the all time best designers in my book. If you're going through the motions, this one will be too long for you. He appeared rather nervous to me, something I hadn't expected. Just because your work is legendary, doesn't mean you are automatically a brilliant speaker. He actually does a great job overall, and his 100 plus slides speak for themselves. Neville now calls Research Studios home.

( via Quipsologies )

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I just had a chance to listen to this talk. It was fantastic! I've never had any formal art training or graphic design classes, but I studied anthropology and writing in college and Neville Brody's talk hit a chord with me on those levels. His work is amazing, as well. Brilliant man!

Oh, and I can say that I'm one American that loved his Context speech...it is a great nudge in the right direction for a culture in shock. Time to move on.

1:23 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

I learn something new everytime I listen to him speak. You must have been a powerhouse at HP. I work with designers everyday and I don't think they've taken time to dig into this. Amazing to me that you took the time. It makes me feel the time I spent developing this article (and this blog) isn't for nothing. Thanks Liz.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Diegoooo said...

Madonna's Sex Book? Really? I'm doing a research on Neville Brody and I came up with this post of yours.. but I've searched all over the internet and you are the only source for this information.. do you have anything that can confirm this? Thank you.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts