// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hey God. Remember Me?

Came across this from Ben Workman's blog and it made me think. Just how often do you wonder what part you play in God's kingdom? Are you even important to him? Ben says we aren't part of His plan, rather, we are His plan. Heavy thought on a heavy subject. Thanks Ben for your thoughts and for sharing. Nice timing too.

Ben says...

You know, I think it comes down to that. No matter what we ask Him, no matter how diverse our prayers can sound, no matter what- it comes down to one underlying question we as humans have. We in essence say "Look! Look over here God! It's me!" and like a child we follow that with a softer voice--"Remember me?" I think that's what David realized when he prayed and sang for God to remember His people. But God does not forget. God does not put things aside for later, only to have them buried under paperwork. He does not give gifts and somehow *forget* to turn them on- nor does He place people in situations and forget His servants need His strength. Our lives are not games to God- we are His plans, and He never lets His plans go off track. Never.

(via
Ben-nish)

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Such a great post/share!

Personally, I think this is so true...every turn I've ever taken, He's right there. It's really a matter of whether my heart is open enough to see, hear, or feel Him. Sometimes, I think He takes me by the shoulders and gives me a gentle shake, to reminde ME...it's never that He's forgotten, it's that I've somehow let myself get distracted.

Thanks for this post, Barry!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely thanks for the quote and comments- and I love how you put "we aren't part of His plan, we are His plan.." I think God wants us to constantly remember that He didn't make "filler" characters in a sense- no one is here to simply fill a vacancy in the script. We're to be humble, definitely, but at the same time we're to be reading and waiting for when God wants to write our part of the story.

-Ben

4:20 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Ben - Your originaal post and comment to my own are appreciated. I'm learning from you. Thanks for sharing. God bless you brother.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts