// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Monday, June 18, 2007

Magical Moments: Boxer Emmanuel Augustus

I realize this is a bit off topic for what BarryBlog typically contributes, but as some of you know one of my true passions is boxing. I'm an avid boxing fan, club fighter and one time fight co-promotor. Having said that, you might assume I've been to and watched quite a few boxing matches in my day. But Emmanuel Augustus was a fighter I came across on ESPN Friday Night Fights who was bobbing and weaving like I've never seen. His two handed punch made me laugh so loud it scared my cats. His description of what it feels like to win a fight is equally as refreshing (literally).

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your visit to my blog reminded me that I'd been meaning to revisit yours so I could take in the Emmanuel post. I used to watch boxing with my dad (during Sugar Ray Leonard days...still like old stuff of Ali, too) and even took a little kick boxing (the real stuff, not the Billy Banks stuff) until I did a number on my tendons. Anyway, you are right about bobbing and weaving like never seen before! The clip had me laughing, too, but in a shared, this is cool, kind of way.

I think it's so cool that your past includes such an interesting career! Also, what an interesting hobby you have!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts