// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Monday, June 18, 2007

Helvetica: The Documentary

This evening I saw a screening of Helvetica, the documentary film by Gary Hustwit. Since everyone in the blogasphere has already weighed in on the subject from about every conceivable angle, I really don't have much to contribute to the discussion, other than to say I think it was a great movie. It will amuse and inform both designers and lay-people. I found the movie provided an excellent mix in terms of exposure to both the old guard graphic design set and current designers, though I would have personally enjoyed more exposure to the "next set." All in all Gary Hustwit did a superb job of crafting a great movie. It gives me the bug to make a movie myself.

There's a great interview of Hustwit by Core77, on the campus of USC here. And if you're interested in seeing the movie yourself, here are the screening dates. That's all I got. If you want to get more perspectives, google Helvetica the movie.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts