// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Saturday, August 04, 2007

[Jott from Barry A. Smith] Recently on Michael Hyatt's blog called From Where I Sit, I was made aware of Jo...

Jott From Barry A. Smith

Recently on Michael Hyatt's blog called From Where I Sit, I was made aware of Jott, a new service which allows me to make a 30 second voice mail on my cell phone, which is automatically transcribed and emailed to me. I've been doing this on the road as an idea comes to mind or when I want to remind myself of something, and it's been really great. I've also set up my account so I can just speak into my cellphone and post directly to Barry Blog. This post was done in this fashion.
Listen to Audio
Set reminders, assign, and manage this jott on Jott.com

Brought to you by Jott Networks, Inc.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow, it transcribed it perfectly, too! Did you edit this post at all, or was this how Jott did it?

10:14 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Hi Laura!

That post is straight from my cell as I was on the road. I have tested it quite a bit, and unless there's any significant bkg noise or if you don't speak clearly, it rather dead on. Neat, huh? Check out the demos sceanarios on the Jott site to see ways people are using it. Pretty cool. Only draw back is the limit is 30 seconds. For a blog that's probably adequate, but for ideas I have found that to be tight.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts