// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Rifkatu Patience Kore: She sleeps the sleep of the righteous


She sleeps. My mother sleeps. She sleeps the sleep of the righteous; she sleeps the sleep of one beloved by God.
This evening I learned of the sudden passing of the mother of my friend and former colleague named Victor. His mother went to be with her Lord on July 30th, and I see he posted of her death on a 10 hour layover in Heathrow airport– a post that is a loving tribute to his mother as well as a testimony to the importance he places on his friends. Read the loving tribute to Rifkatu Patience Kore on Vic's blog. I never met her, but as Victor says "he is certain in the knowledge that one day we will."

Victor is a brother in Christ and a man on a mission for justice, peace and education of his fellow man. I had the privilege of speaking to him quite recently in a parking lot of all places, and he shared with me his passion for educating and mentoring his brothers in Africa. God has blessed Victor and everyone who knows him, and I can't wait to see how God uses him next.


Is it just me, or do we sometimes not recognize or pay adequate attention to what special people and friends are around us until we no longer work together? Everytime I see Vic it dawns on me how I took our friendship completely for granted, not taking advantage of working together. Vic, if you read this, know that I love you brother, and that I appreciate you, am thinking about you, and am praying for you. Thanks for sharing the tribute to momsi with the world.


Please pray for Victor and his brother as they are with family and as they travel back to the states from Nigeria.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Sapulich said...

I'm really appreciating this blog as a resource I want to check out everyday. Thanks Barry!

10:18 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

If you're suggesting Vic's blog, I agree. And if you mean BarryBlog, then you are of course a wise man. Thanks for taking time to comment!

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts