// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Friday, September 14, 2007

Before His Time: Eliel, Father of Eero Saarinen

Cranbook Education Community in Bloomfield Hills Michigan is the home to Cranbrook Kingswood School, Cranbrook Academy of Art, Cranbrook Art Museum, Cranbrook Institute of Science, Cranbrook House and Gardens, and Christ Church Cranbrook. The architect who developed the plans and designed the Cranbrook campus, and was also their president in 1932 was the legendary Eliel Saarinen. I knew that bit of information due to my Michigan roots, but it never dawned on me that he was Eero Saarinen's father.

If you find this interesting (I do, hense the name BarryBlog) and to find out more, click on the links I have set in this post.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts