// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Monday, December 03, 2007

New Canon Rebel 300D. New Possibilities.

My friend Tom let me take his camera (Canon Digital Rebel EOS 300D) to Costa Rica. I quickly realized this camera was a natural extension of my hand, eyes and brain. So after some begging and groveling, he let me buy it from him. Yesterday I put it to the test with still life found objects around my house. Below is what I came up with. Keep in mind these are without any lighting besides what was coming in the window, and it was rather gloomy and rainy to say the least. So overall I am very happy with the results. If you like the photos, they are available for your commercial use by way of a commercial Attribution Creative Commons license. Hey, it's all about sharing. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

UPDATE: I have uploaded several new today (12/03/07)


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking, "What a cool house they have!" Great photos and finds!

12:10 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

The camera makes it look a bit more fancy than it really is, but I am a serious flea market and garage sale guy. You'ld be amazed how I find stuff for so cheap. I definitely have a knack for getting a good deal. I think most people don't see things of worth. It takes an eye, plus I've been doing it with my parents since they had a collectible business for over 20 years.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should take author photos. I'm sure you can make the most moronic look cool with that camera!

10:20 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

That would be great. The only photographer who I probably couldn't shoot well is Novelist Travis Thrasher. He has a reputation for being difficult, and he has a wandering eye.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts