// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Friday, December 07, 2007

Vector Magic: Last On The Internet To Post This

03/01/08 UPDATE: NO LONGER FREE!

V-E-C-T-O-R M-A-G-I-C. There
, I said it. Now I'm officially the last blog on the internet to post about this web tool. So why would I then, when absolutely every other blog already has? Well, that's quite simple really. I want it on my blog so I'll know where to find it.

Now in the rare event you don't know, Vector Magic is a nice raster to vector tool, somewhat like Adobe Illustrator's Live Trace, and Streamline (does that still exist?). Anyway it's all web based which makes it all portable for all you world travelers.

This site is the result of a Stanford University Artificial Intelligence Laboratory research project by James Diebel and Jacob Norda. They've strived to make the site easy to use, with a minimum of fuss. Try Vector Magic out. It's fun and free.

( via every blog in the known universe )

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you should post this. I was thinking about this tool today (when I was supposed to be thinking about something else...figures). Anyway, I was wondering if it was free. Thanks for posting it, so I know where to find it, too!

=)

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice find. I actually used it right away for a project I'm working on.

11:49 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Onur- Seems to work way better than LiveTrace or Streamline from year's past. Props to the Stanford algorithm.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts