// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Saturday, February 16, 2008

WinePress Publishers: The No-Gossip Policy.

Let's face it, BarryBlog is a bit all over the map. The last few months or so (Dec07 - Jan08 - Feb08), my posts have concentrated on design, and most recently on issues relating to mid-century modern furniture and decorative arts.

Then this one. A post about gossip. And faith.

As most of my readers know, I see things through the lens of faith. I realize not all 19,840 visitors who have come to BarryBlog to date have shared my view on faith, but somehow we all manage to find areas of interest that we do share in common. For me, the subject of gossip is something which effects everyone regardless of one's world view. Simply put, gossip hurts everyone. It may seem harmless, but if you really think about, it's an easy trap to fall into. While it offers instant gratification by releasing frustration, it's never the right thing to do. Over time, gossiping about others can begin to harden your heart
and proves hurtful in so many ways. On the subject of gossip, the Bible is quite clear...

"If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless." (James 1:26, NLT)
So I came across this company, WinePress Publishing. They've had enough, and have taken a stand against gossiping by instituting a No-Gossip Policy. A policy that on the surface seems a bit silly, but something I find both unique and refreshing, as well as courageous. Read the policy for yourself. I believe if you're really honest, you may begin to make the connection that gossip is hurtful, and you might consider steps to nip it in the bud. Like WinePress Publishers has done.

Thanks WinePress Publishers for the accountability, encouragement, and overall stand you've taken. I admit that I sometimes fall into the gossip trap without even knowing it. Your stand against gossip is an awesome reminder, and a refreshing twist on business.

WinePress Publishing offers a free placemat
(which you can preview here), which they will send you if you just call (800).326.4674. I admit this seems a bit juvenile, but after you think about gossip for a while, and think about how hurtful it is, you can begin to see the validity in this effort.

( via CookPartners Blog )

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts