// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Monday, March 24, 2008

Another Great Rob Roy Kelly Quote

Absolutely love the late Rob Roy Kelly's thinking. And this quote is no exception. How many times does marketing sound like this? Or the designer all dressed up in black who struggles to use the largest words he or she knows or who contantly says things like "exploit visionary functionalities" or "revolutionize global technologies" or this. Yikes.

I've been told I am rather quotable many times. In fact somewhere there's a list of quotes people have written down from things I've said over the last several years around the office. Yet somehow I'm sure my observations are not as profound as Mr. Kelly. Funny, no doubt, but not profound. Now wait a second, some probably are. I guess I'll have to die before people notice what I have to say.

Last week I thought that may be closer to that reality. I almost dragged myself to the emergency room when I thought I was having an asthma attack—something I have never experienced, nor was experiencing the other day. But suffice it to say bronchitis really kicked my butt. I am so glad I'm not so crazy sick anymore.

( via Rob Roy Kelly Obsessions, This and That )

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Jones said...

Ha! Great quote.

Glad you're starting to feel better.

6:41 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks Jess. It's a slow road but atleast I don't have a fever. I still feel like I'm gonna cough up something I need, but glad to be back at work. I missed working and friends.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts