// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Architect Zaha Hadid: Eli Broad Art Museum

Hardly believed my ears when I heard mega famous architect Zaha Hadid was going to design a USA venue, and when I heard it was going to replace the building where I taught design for a semester on the campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing Michigan, I had to do a double take. But it's true. Hadid will be designing the $40 million Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum.

A “major work of lasting intellect and beauty at far less than the price of a good Picasso. So you got a bargain.” — Architectural critic and competition organizer Joseph Giovannini

Read the story that the entire architectural world is talking about here from Lansing City Pulse.

Architectural Record Coverage here. NYTimes Coverage Here. Media Bistro Coverage here.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts