// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Saturday, March 15, 2008

COMPFIGHT: Searching Flickr™ Quickr

Several times in the past I've posted on web tools and Flickr related tag tools that utilize the Flickr API, that allow you to interface with the Flickr community of photos quicker and more intuitively. Enter COMPFIGHT. Another such tool, but this one is especially special.

As Ryan states on his developer page, he and Brian's approach allows a direct click to high resolution images, bypasses four flickr™ interfaces.
I am super impressed with COMPFIGHT. It just makes sense, and it has filters such as safe search, seek original, Creative Commons, and a roll over option for pixel dimensions. I have always found Flickr to be a chore. I am a Flickr Pro user, and love it completely, but always hoped they would redesign at some point to address their clunky interface. COMPFIGHT is a step in the right direction. Compfight isn't affiliated with flickr™, but as their page states, "it makes good use of the flickr™ API."

Thanks Ryan and Bryan.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Allyson Hill said...

Hi Barry, You've got some great things going on! I'm enjoying your playlist, thanks for the referral. Looking forward to your new shop opening!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Allyson Hill said...

in your repost about the Design Online, the link isn't working and I can't seem to find more info on it. could you send it to me? thanks!

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts