// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Depression Press: the Cure for Depression

Blacksmith, Newsboy, Shoe-shiner, Letter-smasher, and fellow Rural Illinois designer and letterpress printer extroirdinare Kent Henderson of Depression Press knocks 'em out of the park in so many ways. While I generally avoid politics on BarryBlog, I cannot help but to share his Pop-politics Flickr set. His Print-Shop set is equally awesome. As is his typecase set. But perhaps the most impressive images are the ones of his workshop. Every designer's dream. A barn out back. Loaded with lead. Ready to roll. Bravo Kent. I hope to own one of his letterpress posters soon. After the adoption.

(I can hear my friends laugh now. There will be no money after the adoption. Yeah I know.)

Almost forgot. Check out his creative direction website here, and his print shop here.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I just saw this. Quite nice and appreciated. Actual, real, inked posters forthcoming!

Thanks

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts