// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Friday, April 11, 2008

1964 Marx & Co.: Weird-Oh Digger Plastic Toy



Here's a toy I've had since childhood. It's 43 years old. One owner. He's a Weird-Oh brand and goes by the name Digger. Age 43, marked 1964 by Louis Marx & Company. A Hawk Model to be exact.

See his extended family HERE.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craaaaaazy! I love it though (shhh don't tell). My brother was really into these kinds of things!

8:55 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

I've done some reasearch since rediscovering this, and Marx Toy made a ton of toys like this. Not that many people still have one's from the 60's though.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Lawrence said...

grotesquely cute. I'm sure it didn't come out of a breakfast cereal packet, but it does bring back memories of my childhood.

12:01 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

théodore - no doubt the right memory for this timeframe. I think if Digger came in cereal the frosted flakes would have been smashed to bits. But I bet the Weirdo-Oh collector cards that came in foil paks may have been available as such.

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy your son's Teddy page. What a great dad.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts