// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Thursday, October 02, 2008

My Mid-Century Modern Inspired Office Space

I'm not famous, but my office is, via Grace at the Poetic Home Blog. Check out Grace's Flickr photos.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger WPZ - Sandy said...

Barry, I loved reading your responses in that post... about sharing, mentoring, inspiring the love of design in others, that is such a wonderful thing about you.

I was so happy to see that you scored a C. Holm piece!! I was planning to bethroth my first piece to you, whenever I finally managed to find one.

And I am psyched to have sort of contributed a bit to that, for finding the Galef name for that magazine rack... cool to see it in action in your space!

7:16 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

A couple things. One, in my reference in Grace's post to the friendships developed, you immediate come to mind. The fact that you posted a comment here, and now my blog readers can learn more about you, thrills me. Your stories, collections and shares are of interest to anyone who shares our collection penchant. Two, thank you for coming to my blog. I consider myself fortunate to know you and am particularly appreciate of ALL the information you have shared with me over the last year or so.

Sorry BarryBlog has been so absent of late. I hope my circumstances will allow for more and continued dialog as has been the case in the past.

God bless you WPZ.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such a sincere, inspirational pleasure to feature your splendid office! I know that I, along with many others, feel inspired from your knowledge, creativity, and love for MCM.

Indeed Barry, you are right! The friendships that come from shared appreciation inspire and grow all of our awareness of design and life in general :)

I hope you are enjoying a marvelous weekend!

1:54 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Grace. Thanks for everything, including your encouraging nature. Looking forward to keeping up with your blog, Flickr and Etsy and am so glad you made the connection. Grateful to be your friend.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts