// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas List: One

Someone belly up to the bar and buy me this for Christmas. And don't forget to leave a tip in the jar.

UPDATE: My friend Marcus, in the comments section below, recommends another sweet book.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

I thought the letter U was cool.
That's my favorite!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little light on copy, don't you think?

;)

-- Marcus

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought it for my soon-to-be four year old nephew this past weekend. It's exceptionally cool!

1:11 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Gary - Thought you might lean towards "G". I liked how O and P transitioned to Q and R.

Marcus - Noted. I accept this from you only because you are man who is uniquely qualified in the copy department. I AM a bit distracted, no doubt. Thanks for stopping by brother. Hope we can get together soon. Last time was real fun.

5:36 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Scott, better make sure the little tyke isn't all geeked up on chocaloate as it looks like this would be easy to shread.

P.S. Would you be my uncle?

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another cool book you might like ...

GALLOP.

Bought one of these for Abby a year ago. Have also bought a couple for friends of hers as gifts.

Featuring "Scanimation(TM)" it's basically a zoetrope in book form.

Here's the best (clearest) video I found of it online. There are other videos, too. This one unfortunately cuts off before the last page of the book, but it shows the effect the best.

http://store.heliotropehome.com/gallop.html

The first time I showed this to Abby, I asked her how she thought it worked.

She said "I think it has batteries." LOL.

-- Marcus

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts