// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Etsy CUR8TOR shop. Open for business.

CUR8TOR shop is open for business. It's a place to share vintage and modern things I find unique, in the event you do too. Vintage decorative art objects, mid-century modern style, one-off finds, and an occasional handcrafted good. I'm enthusiastic about craftsmanship, charm, and innovations of the past, so I share these vintage treasures with you.

* * *
I see the world through the eyes of faith. While I realize not everyone shares my Christian worldview, I hope what I say, what I portray and how I treat you will adequately reflect my heart to serve, and my desire to glorify God.

* * *

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Barry! This is something I've often thought about trying for myself, but I'm not sure I've got it in me. It looks like you have some great stuff, and I wish you all the best!

10:04 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks so much Scott. It's a fun place to share stuff - and I really am impressed with the Etsy community. I will be adding items on a regular basis, but am intentionally starting slow. I believe there's an option to subscribe to the store via RSS?

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and I love your note about how your service is a reflection of your faith...very cool. OH! And, the banner....yum!

12:16 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Liz - THANKS. I hope to keep it fresh and add to it, but will go slow so I can learn and do it right (hopefully). The faith thing is something I just want to be out there. I want people to know it's important. As for the banner, it's been inactive but there for a year or so. I may change this frequently just for fun. You can grab an RSS of the store too. Take care!!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barry - have been enjoying your photos of midmod and cool design stuff on Flickr for awhile now. I think it's great you started a store, seemed like the natural thing to do given the great stuff you have! We've been mulling it over for a year now, but it remains to be seen if we'll be able to do a store as well. The biggest push now is that we are running out of room to store everything =) Best wishes for your new endeavor...

6:38 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks so much Bryan. You have put so much time into CalPotteries, I thank you on behalf of so many. I appreciate your encouragement greatly. I hope the store has neat things that people like. Once I get some items up, let people know. I am honored you stopped and took time to comment.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy business!

Thanks for that bit at the end. So rare to find these days.

11:01 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks J - It's an opportunity that I felt compelled to share. Not because I feel I have much of a gift for sharing or that I am good at, rather, I know I always have the choice to share.

Thanks for your Mom's Purse mention. VERY cool.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! Congratulations Barry!!! I look forward to enjoying the finds in your shop, just as I always love seeing the new treasures in your photostream.

1:42 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks so much Grace. I fairly pleased so far. I have a few things yet to figure out, but it's been fun. I have so much to add to the store, stop by often!

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts