// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Monday, January 26, 2009

Jewels Of Luxury : ETSY goodness

Representing Columbus Ohio, Jewels of Luxury, a fellow Etsy store owner, uses brains, mad skills and the precision dissection of vintage watches—that results in jewelry that's out of this world. Etsy is a great community, known for handicrafts, do-it-yourselfers, and anyone who makes stuff like Jewels of Luxury or Jess.

Jewels of Luxury says...

"...I specialize in taking vintage and antique finds and creating unique jewelry pieces that revitalize the old. I incorporate the “new old” as well, which are new brass filigree and stampings recreated from Victorian designs. Recently I have been incorporating more antique watch parts into my designs and have been loving the new stylings I have created. I usually utilize sealed patinaed brass chain in my filigree pieces and sterling silver chain with my silver pieces. Only the best!
I agree that Jewel of Luxury does the best kind of work, and am glad to be a part of the Etsy community among sellers of this caliper.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey,
The links did not work for me...I googled jewels of luxury and got there that way. I am using Mozilla for the first time could it be that?

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is amazing...what is it about gears and small mechanisms anyway? I just love them. (Now, I'm off to check out the shop...)

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again...just wanted to let you know that the links are broken for Jess (blogger inserted itself in front of her address) and for Jewles of Luxury (missing the etsy part of the address)...

Went to both shops (always love Jess' stuff) and was drooling...such goodness (love your shop, too)!

10:41 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks Stph. Just updated the links. Thanks so much for having my back.

Liz - Pretty cool right? She has a great product and a great etsy store selection.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally cool! =)

10:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks so much for featuring me! Your awesome!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Stickers and Stuff said...

hey thanks so much for the link to the Stig Book, its adorable and I am jealous!
You have a fun and interesting collection of things on here.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Hena Tayeb said...

i saw these cufflinks in etsy when looking for a gift for my husband and loved these..

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts