// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thrift is the New Black. - Barry A. Smith

ThisAintNoDisco is a brilliant site (and soon to be book) allowing agencies to flaunt their interior workspaces. I only now heard about the site via Rule29's space submission (my uncharacteristic lateness to the game is a result of more than a little social media burnout). Votes elevate the submissions into subcategories of best looking and most popular, and the site's simple blog like interface makes browsing and drooling a breeze.

A great inspiration if you're looking to spruce up the place, or a downer if not. (I warned you).
I noticed a great deal of vintage sprinkled in and around the IKEA and CB2, which leads me to believe thrift is the new black.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Amy@AQ-V said...

Very nice site, hadn't come across it yet... thanks for the intro! Took a look and think I will be in the "downer" category soon, ha.

Speaking of ace workspaces, your vintage crowned Mac Pro tower was part of my Tuesday thinkspace feature this week. Thanks so much for adding these to the group!

10:45 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

I am pleased with any association to the AQ-V. Thanks Amy. You do a great job with your blog and all your other associations such as Flickr, etc. Grateful to know you, honored to be a part of your workspace series. I'll try to add more as possible.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Rule29 said...

Barry,

Great to see you posting and thanks for the Rule29 link.

Keep writing mi amigo.

1:19 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks for the encouragement J. Can't make promises about the blog as I have mucho on my plate right now.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts