// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Audrey Assad - Winter Snow



It's been a VERY long time since I've been wowed like this. And by complete surprise. So unassuming. So beautiful. A voice of an angel. Had the distinct honor of hearing Audrey live with my wife Janel and two very close friends in Barrington Illinois. She was backed by Chris Tomlin's band in this video. You are viewing a major talent in the making. My new favorite Christmas song. Go Audrey. Go Jesus.

Lyrics:

Could've come like a mighty storm
With all the strength of a hurricane
You could've come like a forest fire
With the power of heaven in Your flame

But You came like a winter snow
Quiet and soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

You could've swept in like a tidal wave
Or an ocean to ravish our hearts
You could have come through like a roaring flood
To wipe away the things we've scarred

But You came like a winter snow
(Yes, You did)
You were quiet
You were soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

Oh, no, Your voice wasn't in a bush burning
No, Your voice wasn't in a rushing wind
It was still
It was small
It was hidden

You came like a winter snow
Quiet and soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

Falling
(Oh, yeah)
To the earth below
You came falling
From the sky in the night
To the earth below

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow, I Googled her and found her myspace.......listening to it now with chills. I know my 16 and 19 year old daughters will like her. So beautiful. You are right she is going to be a "Big" !!!!! Thanks for posting this.....
Merry Christmas like we say "Jesus is the ONLY reason for the season"...

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Happy holidays to you and Janel! =)

10:50 AM  
Blogger Audrey said...

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the very kind review. :) happened upon you by accident!

Also, that's not me in the second video. :) but she's pretty awesome! hopefully I get to meet her sometime...

2:01 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks Audrey. Sorry for that oversight. She really is good and I bet it would be special for her to hear from you. We sat in the audience behind you in Palatine IL (World Changers Church I think) and could only see your face on the big screen. Like many people, your talent blows me away and I pray today finds you well. It is an honor to have you stop by my blog.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts