// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My design hero Ettore Sottsass on Charlie Rose

Ettore Sottsass (Eh-Toe-Ray Saut-Sass) is one of the designers I admire the most, and learned the most from. Here is an excellent 17 minute interview. The last minute of which is my favorite. He wants his life to remembered for the quality of friend he was to others. This from a man who was the ultimate dreamer and big picture thinker, and doer.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Awe,
I thoroughly enjoyed this. I was not familiar with him. What a sincere man.

7:44 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Hi Stephanie. Thanks for taking time to comment. I admire his humility and also his courage to forge new paths. He had many design critics, but more admirers.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts