// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Monday, January 08, 2007

My Testimony: Gettin' All Transparent

You've probably figured out by now that BarryBlog is an odd collection of things I find of interest— with the hope you will enjoy them too. Things such as communication design, the business and value of design, thought leadership, books and book design, publishing, well designed products and services, ideas, and at times faith (to name a few). And since it's always been about my passion for sharing, and about being transparent, I can't get more transparent than this post.


powered by ODEO
To be frank, I've had this post prepared and archived since the inception of BarryBlog. But as you'll see, it's not something to just "spring on someone" right out of the gates. But with 6 months under my belt, and a fresh year upon us, I've decided to pull the trigger.

My testimony is a humble record of the work that's been done in my heart through the redemptive grace of the Spirit of God. You can count on the fact that like myself, it sounds broken, unpolished, and incomplete. But I've been given a gift of salvation which is simply hard to explain—is something that took me 35+ years to fully understand and accept—and something I no longer care to keep to myself. And though broken and incomplete, my hope is that someone might be encouraged by my sharing.

I post my chapel testimony podcast with the understanding that should you find the Christian message offensive, you'll choose not to listen. And I trust that if you've enjoyed anything about BarryBlog in the past, you should have no reason not to enjoy more of the same in the future.

Some will say sharing this took courage. Others may find it inappropriate, too out of context, or of no interest. Should you decide to set aside time to listen, you'll get a look into my very personal story. And believe me, it's not the best story you've ever heard. But I thank God it's mine.


( Listen using iTunes. )

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barry,

Thanks for posting this. It was great to hear and you are not a bad speaker to boot.

Did I know that you used to live in Grand Rapids?

3:33 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

In the wayback of my declining memory, it seems we may have touched on the Michigan connection before, but not sure. I was at J.D. Thomas Co. (hermann Miller, American Seating, Peerless Lighting, Energie Lighting, Zondervan - NASB, etc), and then like yourself was solo for 2-3 years. I really appreciate that you actually took time to listen to the post. I wasn't sure anyone would, and appreciate your encouragement. Actually, I've appreciated your comments all along, and eagerly await your posts.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was one of the lucky ones who got to listen to this live! and it's cool to see the ways God is still working on you in profound ways. thanks for posting this!

7:59 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

I appreciate the encouragement, especially since it's from you.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts