// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Monday, January 08, 2007

You Down with BBD?: Yeah, you know me!


Previously in BarryBlog I've discussed the outstanding DesignCouncil – Canada's equivalent to our own AIGA. I recommend their great site to anyone hungry for design insight, rationale, research, education and inspiration.

The main reason for this post however is to share a site with you that I've been frequenting – the Better by Design organization, or BBD – a government funded group which aim is to help New Zealand companies increase their business bottom line through the better use of design in their products and services.

Better by Design is an awesome site. Like DesignCouncil, BBD is New Zealand's authority on design value and innovation. Now don't get me wrong– I appreciate my membership in the AIGA greatly, even more so as I consider it's primarily volunteer base, but man what a little federal government funding does to make a professional design organization top of mind to the business community as a whole. Bravo to BBD.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An intriguing find, Barry. I love how Better by Design not only toutes the ability of design to improve business, it helps make it possible through the Design 360 evaluation, funding, and resources. They’re walking the talk—–and making everyone better for it.

12:48 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Agree. Intreging how the gov't has stepped in. Can't say I believe the gov't is the best way to do this, but they seem to be making to work.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts