// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Design is connections, connections, connections

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love these quotes...all of them inspire!

6:42 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Being a creative generalist and making connections to things that were before unrelated is to me like being a curator. One who weaves a story from things that on their own have something to say but don't tell a whole story is what motivates me in large part.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creative generalist...that's such a great term/perspective! Though I'm familiar with this as an engineering focus, I've never thought much about it with regards to art/creativity. However, it makes complete sense. I remember hearing once that only 1/3 of the population can see big picture/generalize and that the rest are details-focused. What an interesting subject in which to be a generalist! That would be very motivating!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts