// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Friday, October 26, 2007

James 1:27: Caring for Orphans and Widows

Beginning 2:45am Saturday, November 27th, I embark on a first. I journey to Costa Rica in Central America to work in several homes needing repairs. These homes are occupied by loving and giving foster parents who are associated with an organization called Casa Viva.

I will share my experiences upon my return, but beginning today, I will not post until then.

You might consider digging into my blog while I'm away to find things which either you've not seen, or might be worth going deeper. I also have some great places to visit on the blog role on the left column of BarryBlog.


While I'm away, if you think of it, please pray for my health (I am nursing an injury prone back), and for opportunities to be an encourager on the job sites and to anyone in spiritual need (who isn't?). But mostly that my work and my actions will show somebody, somehow, that I'm determined to live a life worthy of His name. I want my life to reflect His goodness and grace.

See you in a little over a week. I pray next week also finds you in step with Him, and that God gives you peace, understanding and joy.

Here are BarryBlog Archives.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will have my prayers, brother. I look forward to hearing about God's blessings on your journey when you return. Peace.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're definitely in my prayers and thoughts, too, Barry! Enjoy your time and take care...can't wait to hear about it all when you return!

Peace, blessings, and many good things to you, your family, and all of those you encounter!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a great time Barry! We can't wait to hear all your stories when you get back. :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger jen said...

go with God, brother! May you be blessed as you serve...

jen

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts