// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Costa Rica Experience

My experiences in Costa Rica were life altering and at this point beyond my ability to describe. I look forward to posting about it soon, and have tried a couple of times already. Once I get my head around it all I will share this here.

Right now I'm struck by a single observation. I can't get it out of my mind. To me it is an irony, but it may in fact be something God is revealing to me. The thought is how amazing it is how God's placed the least in a place of most. Costa Rica–it's rainforests, cloud forests, volcanos, species, people–the overall natural beauty in general has got to be a glimpse of Heaven. And God has given it to people with so little. Yet so much.

It strikes me how this may be a tangible glimpse into His word Spoken in Matthew 19:30...

“In this way the last will be first, and the first will be last.”
God is doing mighty works in the people of Costa Rica. I went there to be a blessing, and was blessed in return.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Such a cool experience it sounds like. I love it when He touches us and we're not expecting it because we are so taken by some other aspect of His glory. So awesome!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been waiting, waiting, waiting to hear about your experiences! I'm so glad it was such a good trip. Keep posting . . .

2:32 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Liz and Lisa,

Thanks for the encouragement. It was amazing to see the work so many are doing and how God is being glorified. One of the messages I hope to communicate in the chapel presentation I am preparing is how two young sisters who were taken from there home due to abuse went from being so scared and at risk are now so much more at peace and in a better place at the hands of two brave early twenty people. A young couple who have selflessly and lovingly opened their homes and their hearts to make a better place for these two sisters. I was given the video by the young foster father of the first moments when they arrived after being plucked from their home. They looked so scared. But I saw them after they were in this loving home for several months and what a difference I saw. I hope to communicate this tangible difference and how God is glorified.

I look forward to posting more on this as soon as I am able.

Thanks for your comments.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts