// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

[Crispin] Alex Bogusky: Brands Are People


Thanks to the CoBrandit blog, I stumbled across a bunch of great interviews from people who interest me. One is Alex Bogusky, principal and Executive Creative Director at Crispin Porter + Bogusky that they filmed at the Future Marketing Summit. I love these guys, especially their employee handbook. Alex speaks about brands as being people. Not a terribly new perspective, but Alex does a great job of being interesting as I would expect of a principal in one of the world's hottest agencies. I saw an interview of Paul Rand on this site too. It's not the famed designer Paul Rand, but the Paul Rand of Ketchum Communications. Ironically I am long time family friends with the Rodriquez family in Lansing MI, and one of their three daughters married a Paul Rand from Chicago. That would be cool if this is the one (I digress). Anyway, check out the CoBrandit site.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the irony:

Alex: "A good conversation is not necessarily one where you agree all the time"

Interviewer: "Mmhmm"

4:30 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Good point and good spot. That escaped me. Probably because I am so blown away with CP+B's overall bend. They really do produce breakthrough work. If you've not seen their employee handbook you owe it to yourself to Google it. It's a pdf and on their site. Genius. Hey Marshall, thanks for dropping by.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts