// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Monday, December 10, 2007

The Gift: Ruth Harms Calkin

It's Christmas Lord

It's your birthday.


What can I give You–


You who have given


So much to me?


I search and search


Through my talents


My possessions


My friendships


My loves


But with all my searching


I find nothing new.


Strangely–


Whatever I could offer


Is always that


Which You have first


Given me.


And now in the soft silence


I hear you say


What I want from you–


Is you.

© Tyndale LIVING BOOKS 1993

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this ... such a perfect expression!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts