// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Monday, January 21, 2008

bt (Brian Transeau): A Designer's Soundtrack.

Chicago native Brian Transeau goes by the name "bt." He's an incredible talent. I've developed a mix of his songs for you in the event you need some background music today. Just click the button below. It will launch a new web page with a standalone player you can have open in the background while you work. I tried to design an entire player interface into this post, but no matter what I did, I kept messing up the html embed code. I figure this pop up player is a great plan B.


If you're interested in learning more about Brian, hit his music website or Facebook profile. With a bit of curiosity and some research you'll discover the unfortunate fact that allegedly Brian's ex-wife ran off with his daughter and they were on the run for an extended period over the holidays until they were eventually located by authorities and his daughter subsequently returned. If any of this is true, I am sad. If it's not true, and has been fabricated as suggested by many posts online, I am also sad. The whole situation, true or not, was not a fun thing for anyone associated with this talented individual. But his music really is the opposite of this ugliness. It is very upbeat, intelligent, energetic and hopeful. I originally heard of his music and for some unknown reason thought he might be a brother in Christ. I am now not sure, but in any event he has been in my prayers, and I am appreciate of his talents and gifts. Hope you will enjoy his stuff, and then go out and buy some of his music.

If you're interested in a real informative how-to on his latest project,
This Binary Universe, check out the video below. It is really very incredible to hear how it all came about, his personal thoughts, and some serious behind the scenes goodness- including how he captured some of the beats for the project in a Starbucks using an inconspicous M-Audio micro track recorder. He says his whole travel studio now consists of his 15 inch titanium Macbook pro and his 0-2. Amazing.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To embed your player, try inserting the code below, inline between your BODY tags. You'll need to replace the square brackets with angle brackets, of course. Your blogging software won't allow live code in a comment, so the brackets were changed just to fool it.

[object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="435" height="270"
data="http://www.projectplaylist.com/media/mp3player-standalone.swf?playlist_url=http://www.projectplaylist.com/node/24363533/playlist/xspf&config=http://www.musiclist.us/mc/config/config_black.xml&mywidth=435"]

[param name="movie" value="http://www.projectplaylist.com/media/mp3player-standalone.swf?playlist_url=http://www.projectplaylist.com/node/24363533/playlist/xspf&config=http://www.musiclist.us/mc/config/config_black.xml&mywidth=435" /]
[/object]

3:51 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

First of all, I am eager to find out who you are Anonymous, so I can follow up with thanks and ask a couple more questions. I do not fully understand your recommendation. I would LOVE IT if you would contact me at my email address studiosmith@yahoo.com to discuss further. I would HIGHLY appreciate your advice. And actually already appreciate the time you've already spent thus far leaving your comment and advice. Let me know.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Barry! Dropped you a line at the e-mail address you provided. Looking forward to hearing from you! -- Marcus

9:04 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Marcus. Don't ak me how, but I have read then subsiquenltly ditched your email, inadvertantly. Kindly resend, would ya. I'm an idiot.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads-up on this artist! The sound was real upbeat and energetic.

-Chris (TSA) Black651@comcast.net

7:44 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Othium

Glad you like Brian's stuff. He amazes me. I hope to meet him someday. For now, his stuff is on repeat.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how old your blog is or if you even keep it updated anymore, but you have 2 rather large mistakes in your BT bio up there.
1. BT is not a Chicago native. He was born Oct.4th 1971 in Rockville, MD, and also grew up there.

2. the mother of his daughter was only that. The mother of his daughter, a long time girlfriend of several years, not his ex-wife.

and the events of last Dec.'07, when she disappeared with their daughter, are true. She was gone for 5 weeks with no word. And it took a court order to return her to her home and father. The stories you read about it not being real were put out by the mother's family, trying to discredit BT, before it went to court.

7:51 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Thanks so much for clarifying this information.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts