// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Monday, December 21, 2009

DOG backwards spells GOD

Struggles, questions, issues and joys that I cannot get my head around. All of this is my life over the last several years. But with humility, reverence and awe, one thing I can say with 100% certainty is this: God works in all of His creation. In people who use the F-word. In murderers. In sinners of all ilks. In the most holy. And the least. In words that are spoken. And those that are not.

And, in dogs.

Read the testimony of one such dog — the last minutes with one of God's special creations - ODEN. As told by a man who sees God, just through knowing ODEN.


via Tina, the Swissmiss

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so sad, but so powerful, too. I had a young cat that died suddenly (several years back), in front of us -- such a shock. For awhile, I felt so numb...as if I couldn't feel or hear God anymore. But, He was there (as He always is) and after the shock wore off, I realized it.

I realized, too, that the event (both the death and my numbness) wasn't a test but a gift -- that through tragedy, He is there with blessings of a soft heart, keen hearing, and open eyes -- if we are willing to have them.

I love your post and reminder that the simplist service of loving is one of the most important. Thank you so much. Sometimes I get a bit distracted by notions that service must be something more grand. But, unconditional love IS grand.

Happy holidays you and Janel and all my best wishes for a happy and blessed new year!

=) Liz

9:25 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

You're right. The man himself said he couldn't man up and kill his dog himself because, as he put it, "as I get older, I get softer, more sensitive. And I thank God for that." In the race for fans, friends, status updates and a desire to be LINKEDIN, I am becoming deaf to it all, and God is giving me the eyes to see and the ears to hear his whispers in it all. This video is yet another example of God's constant walk WITH us. We always try to do things FOR God, but I suspect he is looking for us to do things WITH Him. There's not enough time in the day for another responsibility, so God wants 100% of our time and attention. we can do it ALL with Him.

Four hours from right now we fly out for Costa Rica. Finally, a real vacation. Merry Christmas to your whole crew.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous dave said...

Thanks Barry for posting this. Really powerful stuff.

3:38 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Grateful I saw it myself, and glad to share. Thanks for taking time to stop by too.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts