// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I am Second

Reminders like the video below are a blessing. And though I'm fortunate to hear this meaningful message of putting Christ first on a fairly regular basis in my work and my personal faith walk with friends, somehow it sinks in more when I hear it from Tony. Probably in how he impresses me by the way he lives out his faith without compromise, yet without proselytizing. No matter how hard I pray, no matter how hard I try, I always come up short of the mark. Yet the takeaway I get from Tony is to never compromise. Even when it ruffles feathers. Even when people don't understand you. And even when it feels like failure. So thank you Tony, and Yolanda and Nancy who just today shared this great video with me as I work hard to serve them well. And in the end, serve God well, using the giftedness He has given me. I am second. A good reminder. Amen.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this.

I learn a great deal when I can observe others honoring Him in a way that utilizes the gifts He has granted them. Sometimes, it's easy to dwell on "how do I?" instead of "I'm second." The first question is really a distraction for me.

It's a powerful thing to let it go.

Thanks again, Barry!

=) Liz

10:17 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Agree on all fronts. You might also enjoy other testimonies at http://www.iamsecond.com

Meant to put that in my post. It's an amazing web effort.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts