// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Friday, August 05, 2011

Prayer and reflection. Mom and America.

Today my mom would turn 68 (right Stacy?). I miss her. She would always call and say hello. Just to say hi. I am lucky to have grown up in my family. And in America. And today, I am fasting and praying. And joining in on a day of worship to a God who loves us, and who is coming again to judge the living and the dead.

I love you Mom. I love you God. Today you are on my mind more than ever.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Priya -- a little bit of Moxie -- said...

I wish I could have met your mom. She seems to have been a lovely woman with unshakable strength and integrity from what you've told me.

I hope your fasting today brings you closer to Him who reveals and comforts all. Be blessed Barry
--P--

11:39 PM  
Blogger SM said...

Mom would have been 70 today, Barry, born August 6 1941. You are right, we were both blessed to have been born into this family and to have one another. We were blessed to have had 32 and 30 years (I'd forgotten you turned 30 while she was fading) in Mom's presence. I miss her always, and pray that she knew how much she was loved each and every moment of her life. As I do you :)

I love you little bro,
your sister

11:41 AM  
Blogger Awakened said...

My mum also passed away a few years back and it really devastated the family. I miss her especially as, like you, she was just involved in my life even to say hello. She was my defender, my champion, my friend and someone who always forgave and always helped me. I know she is waiting patiently for me though and hat her suffering is over.

3:19 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Mark - I'm so glad to have found your blog. Thanks for your insights there, and here.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts