// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Seam Carving: Next Gen Image Manipulation

My friend Chris tipped me off to an amazing image manipulation algorithm developed by Shai Avidan, who was recently hired by Adobe. He calls this technolgy "Seam Carving for Content-Aware Resizing." The obvious thought then would be that this technology might make it into the CS4 product line. All I can saw is WOW, and I hope so. Check out this video. It becomes gets amazing about midway through. Also, check out John Nock's blog for two more heavyhitters joining the Adobe ranks.


( via Chris's tip to techcrunch )

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts