// BarryBlog //

A creative dumping ground for issues that interest me personally and professionally, with the thought they may interest you too. Issues such as the business of design, the design of business, the design of objects, design strategy, creative direction, innovation, creativity, thought leadership, observations, as well as recommendations, mid-century modern decorative arts and architecture, and the state of my thinking (and currently the state of my heart).

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mid-Century Jubilee Furniture - Coming Soon

I just completed a new set of images to help my friends at Jubilee Furniture in Carol Stream IL document a bunch of new furniture donations they called me about. You may have heard of them before. These cool new vintage furniture pieces may be available via Apartment Therapy Chicago's classified ads, or via Craigslist, or at the Carol Stream store...I'm not quite sure yet. Suffice it to say there is some SWEET mid-century modern furniture goodness to be had, when they are ready to go. They are still pricing these items. Stay tuned.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is so cool! My father has one that was my grandmother's (she always found/acquired amazing things for very little). Love all of the little drawers and hardware...just something about it.

PS: So glad you're back and hoping for the best.

11:26 AM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Liz - This chair is the most comfortable office chair I have ever sat in. Before I brought in all my Time Life chairs, one of these was my primary office chair at home. I miss it's comfort. Thanks as always for your encouragement. Janel and I would cherish your continued prayers as we seek His plan in our life. It's a struggle right now.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! lots of cool goodies.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barry! I'm sorry it's been such a long time since I've had time to visit. You and Janel continue to be in both my thoughts and prayers. All the best to you (and I'm loving my purse -- and books)!

10:00 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Great to hear from you Liz. As you can see, you've mot missed much. I'm not posting with frequency as before, but hope to again in the future. Hope you all are doing well.

12:17 PM  
Blogger studiosmith said...

Hi Leilani - Thanks for stopping by. I pretty much stick close to home, and frequent 3 Goodwill's (a new one coming right next to my office in a month or so) and a St. Vincent De Paul. There are also a couple smaller mental health assoc. and hospital sponsored resale shops in and around the suburbs. I was thinking of posting a map to them all on my blog since I have "met" so many Illinois folk like yourself. I will check out your blog more soon. My schedule personally is almost as out of hand as my professional one, so I have been less connected of late. But I am glad you made the connection. Hope we meet sometime and keep up to date on each others treasure scores. Dig into my blog too as it goes far back and most of the posts do not have a shelf life (for the most part). I also add to my Flickr on a somewhat regular basis, and try to contribute to my groups too. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff too.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts